Last week, my body was craving for Gnocchi after watching a video on YouTube. It was 21h00 already so the local supermarket was obviously close.
I search in an old book and found an amazing super EASY recipe that can serve a whole family !
91’s Gnocchi Recipe
- 1.5 kg of potatoes
- 2 Egg Yolks
- pinch of nutmeg
- 150 g of flavour
– First cook, the potatoes. You can either boiled them or steam them for 45 min.
– When it’s done, peel the potatoes. No skin ! Completely naked !
– Using a potato ricer mashed. (if you don’t own one, use a fork.)
– Add the salt, nutmeg and the egg yolks mix it gently
– Add the flavour and work the dough
– Cut a slice and roll it out (cm thick) with flavour and cut some pieces
– For the sauce I use Tomato Sauce, add some olive oil, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, organ and some basil.
– Drop a few in boiled water for about 1’ or until they rise. Take them out of the water and finish them in a pan. Add the sauce, cook it for 1-2’ and serve it !