I’m in love with Asian food, therefore, I have to give you my awesome chicken Teriyaki recipe. It’s only chicken and rice so be creative for the rest, I’m not your mum!
You will need, for 1 portion:
- Dice of chicken 150g pp
- 1 teaspoon of Maizena
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 100 ml of water
- 3 tablespoon of Soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon of Sugar
- 1 tablespoon of Sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder
- Add the Maizena and the flour in the chicken. The idea’s to have a nice coated chicken to make a crust. Let it rest for 5 minutes.
- While it’s resting, in a saucepan, add the water, the sugar and make it boil until the sugar is dissolved. Then add the 3 tbs of soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, chili powder.
- In a hot pan, cook the chicken “sauté” style. Hot oil and a lot of motion! My tips is to start hot – medium – low – off. When it’s finally off, you can add two tablespoons of the sauce you just made in your chicken with some sesame seeds.
- Serve and add extra sauce on your chicken and rice